While overall crime is down throughout the city, it’s always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings. Leaving your valuables unattended in a shopping cart is never a good idea.
Next time you are using a shopping cart, remember the following safety tips:
- Be aware of your surrounding at all times.
- Report anyone who appears to be acting suspiciously.
- Never leave your purse unattended in a shopping cart.
- When possible shop without a purse. Use your pockets to hold cash, debit/credit cards, driver’s license, keys, etc.
- If you must shop with a purse, consider securing it using cart’s child safety straps.
- You may also want to carry your own clamp in your purse, such as a Carabineer, to hook it directly to the shopping cart. It only takes a second to secure and is worth the effort.